My Strawberry Jam

Well last weekend we drove to Pinnacle to pick strawberries, when we got there we were not able to pick them but were able to buy 3 boxes which is 3 gallons!! That's a lot of strawberries! Of course both girls had there hands full eating them as we drove back home.. So we went ahead and cleaned and cut them all up and I attempted to for the 1st time to make strawberry jam! I used the recipe on the sure gel pectin box I thought this was going to be pretty hard work but really it wasn't just a lot of prep work!! I didn't have a canning rack or a canning pot so I used a large stock pot with a rack in the bottom to set my jars in for the boiling of my jars.. I was worried that I wasn't doing it right but when I started pulling the jars out and setting them on my counter to cool I kept hearing a ping, ping, ping noise which apparently from what I have read on google is a good sound!! so I think I really did it!!! ahh I'm so proud!! now I just cant wait to taste my own fresh jam! I had to take pictures!! YUM!



Comments

Jennifer said…
That looks yummy! I love making strawberry jam, I want to go pick them next weekend.
The Presnell's said…
Looks great!! :) I need ot try it as well! Yum! Save me a jar!

Popular posts from this blog

Must be an important date...