Must be an important date...

As I was driving into work this morning I got to thinking about the date.. I knew it was Thursday because Rob comes home from Alabama tomorrow.. but Thursday August 14 th.. THE 14th!! Today is my 8 year anniversary at work ( which is hard for me to believe) 8 years WOW... it has also been 5 years today that I went into the hospital for my suppose ed "Crohns" episode in which I had to stay 10 days!! and then tomorrow is the 1 year mark that we sold our home in King which is sooo bitter sweet.. We lived in that home for 8 years, it was the 1st home we owned together, We completely gutted and remodeled the whole thing so it was ours.. it was the home that we brought both our daughters home to and have so many memories that I will always cherish.. I didn't cry on the last day there which surprises me but I remember it like it was yesterday.. Sometimes I miss that old house and other times I'm glad we left.. We do drive by every time we go to King though just to see how much the things we planted have grown.. It is also the day we moved into our new home to create new memories!! Happy Thursday everyone!


Our New Home


Our old home








Comments

Jen said…
It was bittersweet when we moved also. We sold our home about 3 months ago and I still drive by often to see all the flowers we had planted. Your new home is beautiful!
TS said…
I love both homes. How did you get that star up there?
Unknown said…
Thanks.. Im in love with the barn stars, but my brave husband went up one a really long ladder and put it up there for me.. You should have seen him putting up the icicle lights at christmas! needless to say in the new house I put it above my fireplace and added a cool new star to it.. Ill have to post a picture.. my own little creation!!
TS said…
I am just now catching on to the barn star craze. I put some in Eli's room. I like 'em!

We need to get together sometime. We have a lot in common same decorating interests, music, high school ... same employer, etc... lol :)
The Presnell's said…
Your house is so pretty. :) I love looking at people's houses, inside and out. I think that's the nosy part of me, hee hee.
Blog Stalker said…
Congrats on your new house and your old house looks pretty awesome too.

Good luck with making this house a home also.

Popular posts from this blog

Possibly moving... opinions wanted