I cannot believe this.. Im still kinda shocked..

OK so let me 1st say I am very aware of my body and also very atamet about going to the Doctor. I go for my physical every year and also all my "other" Dr's as well every year, you know the girly one. Also go to the Dentist every 6 months and so on.. I also do this for both my girls as well, I feel that your health is very important and want to take steps that lead me and my family to a LONG HEALTHY life!

OK so I have never been to a dermatologist for a full body check, I knew I needed to and feel like it is part of a very important visit I should attend each year as well, But I never thought it would come to this.. I was in the mirror one day and had a bump (pimple) normal looking to me so I pop it (I KNOW THE WORST THING TO DO) but I cant help it!! I'm not walking around with bumps.. so anyway a couple days or say a week later it looks like a weird little skin colored patch no bigger than a pencil eraser so I cover it up and go on .... well every time I wash my face I look over my skin and its still there a month later.. I even told Jennifer on the phone how this thing is weird and not right I really need to have it checked.. So anyway I DVR this show called "The Doctors" I love this show very educational... and the show that day was called the top 5 most important DR. visits everyone should do every year.. and guess what Dermatologist was one of them!! So thats my sign to call and make an appt the next morning.. so I go in the office and she looks me over from head to toe.. and finds 3 small spot.. 2 little mole freckle looking things to be removed and then this thing on my face (which is right above my temple at my hairline) she was 1st going to remove the moles (I hate that word) Yuck and to me they look like freckles because there FLAT... anyway I told her I was more worried about this thing on my face! So she said Ok she numbed it up and scrapped it off (wasnt pretty after the fact) and sent it off for Biopsy.. Well I get the call yesterday and its the Dr's office saying to call them back.. I called and the Nurse called me back yesterday afternoon and guess what I have a type of SKIN CANCER.. OMG my heart sank and I felt sick.. its called "Superficial basal cell carcinoma" the most common form of skin cancer (I guess this is supposed to make me feel better about this?? No it doesnt).
Im still sick to my stomach at the thought that I did this to myself.. all those years of the tanning bed I guess caught up to me.. I started this mess at 17 and every year I go before summer hits so I dont burn thinking I would avoid "Skin Cancer" Guess not.. and so I research it and come to find out I was 2.5 times more likely to get this from you guessed it THE TANNING BED!!! So needless to say i will not be laying in a tanning bed any more..Im still shaking my head in disbelief..

Comments

The Presnell's said…
WOW!! So, what happens from now? Do you know? It's just in that one area and it's ok now, since it was removed? It's scary. I stopped laying out in the sun about 2 years ago and well, because I HATE getting older and I don't tan like I used to. waaah....I'm getting freaking OLD!! I hope you're ok and thank god you went to the doctor!!
TS said…
I stopped tanning years ago. I get teased because I am so white, but I don't have the time and I don't need wrinkles etc...

Glad you made that appointment! I started seeing a dermatologist a couple of years ago. I was amazed at all the places they check!

Its all good... I have faith!

Popular posts from this blog

Possibly moving... opinions wanted