Another year gone....

It seems like just yesterday I brought my oldest baby Makenna home from the hospital so small sweet and innocent...I remember the day like it was yesterday, we came home and sat her car seat in the middle of the floor and just sat around her and said now what??? No instructions and no clue on what to do now.. I mean yes all my motherly instincts had kicked in and knew what to do, it was just 3 of us now instead of 2.. so it was definitely different!! She was my baby girl and in my mind my one and only child I would ever have...I was wrong and I'm glad I was wrong but that's another blog.. So of course we put all our attention on her she was #1 in the family now!! She was also the 1st grand baby, and great grand baby as well so she had lots of love and attention.. The years fly by so fast and I never knew how fast until I had my babies.. Kinder garden came along and I was a basketcase!!! I was also preggo with Ryleigh at the time so the hormones raging didn't help much!~ but I remember that day and Makenna so excited I thought oh no my baby girl is growing up! I dropped her off in her class and I watched her take her book bag to her cubby and go to sit down in her chair I turned around to walk out of the door and I lost it!! everyone looking at me as I walked down the hall (I'm sure remembering the day they had to do the same thing) I sat in the car for 10 mins just bawling.. but I made it through it.. and now tomorrow is her last day of 3rd grade and on to 4th WOW! and in a week she will be 9 years old.. Cherish the time you have with your babies because they grow so fast, when I look back you feel like it was just yesterday she started to walk, talk and go one to school... I thank GOD everyday that he blessed me with 2 healthy beautiful girls!

Comments

TS said…
I am still in awe that Eli is walking and talking. I DO NOT even want to think about kindergarten!

I use to get so tired of hearing, "they grow up so fast" when I was pregnant, but it is the truth!

Popular posts from this blog

Possibly moving... opinions wanted